Terms and Conditions
ONLINE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Policy explains how we collect your personal information, what we do with it and, most importantly, how it's protected.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you when it is necessary for a business purpose.
We collect the information to enable us to supply you with the services or equipment that you have asked for.
Other reasons we collect personal information are to:
- Understand you and how we can meet your specific emergency product needs to Save Lives,
- Understand your specific service requirements,
- Manage our business,
- Comply with our legal obligations.
WHOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of personal information dFENCE Solutions may collect and hold includes (but is not limited to) information about customers of dFENCE Solutions.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
In general, the type of personal information dFENCE Solutions collects and hold include (but is not limited to) names, addresses, contact details, credit card details and email addresses, which assist us in conducting our business and meeting our legal obligations. In most cases, if personal information we request is not provided, we may not be able to supply the relevant product or service.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When you visit this site, our server logs the following information which is provided by your browser for statistical purposes only:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, etc.);
- the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited); and
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
In addition, our server logs the following information:
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the address of the pages accessed and the documents downloaded.
All of this information we use only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities.
HOW MIGHT WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
dFENCE Solutions may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act. In general, we may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate and manage our business;
- to conduct our business, including for marketing and research purposes;
- to communicate with you; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Apart from in the above circumstances, your personal information will generally not be disclosed without your consent.
TO WHOM MIGHT WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose your personal information to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or whom perform functions on our behalf.
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The National Privacy Principles (NPPs) require us to take reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information. dFENCE Solutions staff are required to respect the confidentiality of personal information and the privacy of individuals. dFENCE Solutions take steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, for example, by use of physical security and restricted access to electronic records. Shopping at this website is safe, using standard SSL, 40-bit encryption security features for all personal information entry areas. Once the information is in storage our secure servers protect information using advance firewall technology. Where we no longer require your personal information for a permitted purpose under the NPPs, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE?
dFENCE Solutions endeavours to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us in order to update any personal information we hold about you. Our contact details are set out below. You have the ability to seek access to your personal information. Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to personal information which dFENCE Solutions holds about you by contacting dFENCE Solutions Privacy Officer. We will require you to verify your identify and to specify what information you require. A fee may be charged for providing access. We will advise you of the likely cost in advance.
AGREEMENT BETWEEN USER AND www.dfence.co AND APP
The dfence.co Web Sites and App is comprised of various Web pages operated by dFENCE. The dfence.co Web Sites and App is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained in these T&Cs. Your use of the dfence.co Web Sites and App constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
This policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of new laws and technology, changes to our operations and practices and the change in business environment. The most current version of this policy can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer.
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues, please contact dFENCE Solutions Privacy Officer:
Level 1 / 529 Chapel Street, South Yarra 3141
For further information regarding Privacy, view the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (VIC) or go to the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner’s website.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
dFENCE Solutions Pty Ltd (“We” / “Us” / “dFENCE Solutions”) appreciates you investing in you and your family’s safety by purchasing a dFENCE product. This Policy explains our commitment to that fulfillment. By placing an order with dFENCE Solutions, you agree to the terms and conditions stated below. You agree that the laws of Australia shall apply to the purchase and these terms and conditions.
Prices are in Australian Dollars (unless specified otherwise). All prices are subject to change without notice. If there is a pricing error, we reserve the right to cancel the order or contact you and offer you the product at the correct or different price. Please contact us if you see a pricing error on our website. We reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason.
Pictures of products and components are for reference only and may not be the exact match or branding of the current model or the model purchased.
All purchases made online are to be paid by credit/debit card and the purchaser confirms they are either the card holder or have the express permission of the card holder to use the card for the purchase. We reserve the right to cancel any order if we believe an order to be fraudulent or suspicious. Purchases made by personal cheque may be held up to one week to allow for the cheque to clear the bank. All fees incurred in collecting a past due account are the responsibility of the purchaser. A $20 service fee will be charged for any cheque returned by the bank.
Where possible we use a traceable delivery method. Please check your order carefully and notify dFENCE Solutions of any issues with your order immediately so we can investigate and rectify as soon as possible.
Please contact Customer Service for a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number before returning any merchandise for any reason. Returned merchandise will be inspected and may be subject to a restocking fee if they are returned for reasons other than a defect or warranty claim.
If a purchase is returned because of a minor failure then we will repair the merchandise or exchange it for another one. If the purchase is returned because of a major failure then you have a right to request a refund of your purchase.
PURCHASE BY MINORS
Adult Signature Required on Deliveries. Due to liability reasons, dFENCE Solutions can only accept orders from adults. When an adult is making a purchase for a minor, it is the adult’s responsibility to determine that adequate education and supervision will be provided. Proof of age may be required.
Delivery times will vary based on order time and day, delivery location and delivery method. dFENCE Solutions business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00am - 4:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. Orders are typically processed within 24 hours and in-stock items usually ship by the same/next business day. Depending on demand, significant delays may occur while the component parts are reordered. However, dFENCE will ensure you as a valued customer will be notified of a delay period and offered the opportunity for a refund if you so desire prior to shipping. No charges are applied until a shipment has been made.
International deliveries are shipped via International Cargo Express or Couriers Please (surface delivery only due to nature of ePOD contents). We do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible but we cannot be held responsible for the delivery time once we have passed your order to the carrier.
If no one is present at the delivery address at the time of delivery, our courier will leave you a card advising the local post office where you can collect your order from.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our terms of sale.
Level 1 / 529 Chapel Street, South Yarra 3141
WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The dFENCE ePOD are warranted to be free from material and manufacturing defects for 12 months from the date of purchase.
If the dFENCE ePOD has a manufacturing or material defect, as determined through inspection by an authorized dFENCE representative, the dFENCE ePOD will be repaired or replaced at no cost to you.
The dFENCE ePOD Warranty shall be void if the product has been altered, abused, or misused, stored or mounted improperly, or not used in accordance with user’s instructions.
If the damage is the result of improper care, improper use or excessive rough use, storage, mounting, abuse or attack, determined solely by dFENCE, then dFENCE will advise the owner of recommended repair or replacement costs
To the extent permitted by law, you waive any liability we may have as a result of:
- Any dFENCE ePOD being altered or modified in any way other than by dFENCE authorized factory alterations;
- Damage as a result of abuse or misuse;
- Inaccessibility due to location chosen by the customer;
- Damage as a result of improper storage or maintenance;
- Mounting or Storing the ePOD in an area susceptible to fire or heat damage or water damage;
- Failure to use or maintain the ePOD contents within manufactures guidelines;
- Injuries/costs/damage sustained whilst fighting or attempting to fight a fire(s) or render First Aid or other emergency;
- Failure to use First Aid contents correctly or using for injuries beyond the capabilities of the contents;
- Injury during moving, accessing or deploying the dFENCE ePOD;
- Injury resulting from the dFENCE ePOD falling on any person due to incorrect mounting or placement;
- Damage to any wall/fixture/furniture due to mounting.
INTERNAL COMPONENTS WARRANTY INFORMATION
- dFENCE warrants its products to be free from defective materials and workmanship. Should a defect occur within 12 months of the date of purchase, dFENCE will replace the individual component.
- If you become aware of a fault in the components, please immediately contact dFENCE.
- To make a warranty claim the customer is to advise the company the following details;
- Customer name, address, telephone number and email address (if available)
- Generally and in your own words describe the nature of the defect
- Provide proof of purchase, including the date and value of the purchase and the details of the retail establishment from which the product was purchased.
- This information is to be forwarded to;
Level 1/529 Chapel Street,
South Yarra, 3141
- Discharge and discard after any use or before the use by date (the use by date is on the back if the fire extinguisher)
- Do not puncture or incinerate the can even when empty.
- Metal objects can rust or corrode in wet and salty conditions. To avoid deterioration of the extinguisher store in a suitable environment.
- Keep in cool place.
- We also recommend you do not store the extinguisher in direct sunlight.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The ePOD is designed for internal use and should only be mounted upright in a dry place out of direct sunlight – it will experience discolouration or variance from its original condition if exposed to direct sunlight. Like any plastic product, dFENCE has ensured the ePOD can be recycled and is made from materials that can be reused.
USE OF ePOD PRODUCTS
The fire extinguisher is made in Australia from local and imported ingredients.
THIS EXTINGUISHER IS A ONE USE ONLY FIRE EXTINGUISHER.
DO NOT TEST FIRE IT.
- Hold the extinguisher (face up) in both hands.
- Using both your thumbs, (one on top of the other) press down very firmly onto the wall of the cylinder, avoid the seam and the bottom half of the cylinder.
- If you are able to dent the cylinder wall by this method the extinguisher may have lost its pressure and will require replacement under our warranty provisions.
It is important to carry out this test on a regular basis. We recommend monthly.
This extinguisher is designed to fight small fires only.
It is not designed to take the place of commercial and/or industrial extinguishers, mandated by Government regulation.
If you do not have a clear view of the fire or you or you can not approach the fire safely, because it is too hot and/or fierce – DO NOT attempt to fight the fire. Withdraw from the premises and seek help.
UNDER NOT CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PLACE YOURSELF AT RISK TO FIGHT A FIRE.
Always ensure you have a clear path of escape before attempting to fight a fire. Avoid breathing smoke and fumes from the fire. Keep in a cool place. DO NOT store in dirtect sunlight.
Dispose of Fire Extinguisher after use. You can reorder another Fire Extinguisher from www.dfence.co .
The Fire Blanket is 1.0 x 1.0 metres square.
- Pull out Fire Blanket from ePOD holder using tabs.
- Gently cover vessel containing the fire completely with the fire blanket.
- Turn off source of heat if possible.
- Leave the blanket in place until cool.
- Call your local Fire Brigade.
- To extinguish a clothing fire wrap the blanket around the victim, drop the victim to the ground, roll the victim on the ground until the fire is out, seek medical assistance.
Do not put water on fat fires or attempt to remove from stove until cool.
Do not use for electrical fires.
Fire Blankets are less effective on fires in pots with protruding handles.
Suitable for use on small cooking oil fires and clothing fires.
This Fire Blanket may not be of adequate size for adult clothing fires.
It is suggested that you inspect the blanket every six months.
Dispose of Blanket after use. You can reorder another blanket from www.dfence.co .
The dFENCE torch is provided with batteries. The customer must ensure that the torch is not left ON whilst clipped into the ePOD and is responsible for maintaining of the batteries. It is suggested you check the torch each month for operational charge and globe functionality.
dFENCE First Aid Kit
The contents of the First Aid Kit have been carefully selected to give you a wide capability in dealing with minor first aid issues. It is suggested that you and your family/residents do a First Aid Course so you understand the practical application of the contents of this First Aid Kit. If in doubt re any medical condition, please call the Ambulance service.
Respirator P2 Disposable Mask
The highly versatile Respirator is easy to use and maintain in providing protective airway management against atomised small-sized solid particles, such as dust, smokes and mist (does not protect against gases).
Ideal for pandemics and epidemics, the P2 Disposable Mask is made of fabric and has a filtration effectiveness that retains about 94% of particles smaller than 0,5 micrometer.
The Mask should be often changed after use.
Class of filtration
Kind of aerosol
dust, smoke, mist
asbestos, copper, barium, titanium, vanadium, chromium, manganese, hardwood, coal dust with free silica content exceeding 10%, mining industry, chemical industry, metallurgic industry (version with exhalation valve), for hard woodworking